Sunday, March 27, 2005

Ventura

Went for a nice drive from Santa Monica north up the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH), past Malibu and up to Ventura county. It is a truly beautiful drive and upon passing Oxnard I followed the road inland for about 20 miles. Realising that amongst the orange groves and strawberry fields I was getting further and further away from home, I turned around and brought some very nice strawberries from a road side stand. With all the rain that California has been having lately the PCH has a few areas where there had been some land slides. It closed part of the PCH south of Malibu, so I decided to drive on the historic Highway 101 back via the 405 to my place. It was trouble free, except for nearly running out of gas. I noticed a gentleman driving a Harley wearing a top hat for a helmet. I thought that that cant be legal so I pulled alongside this eccentric fellow only to see a cute Alaskian Malamute alive and well and stradling the fueltank happily riding along at 70mph. It was a unique sight and I guess it is something you'd only see in America.......

No comments: