Sunday, May 06, 2007

Road trip to Colorado



After being in Colorado just last week at short notice and returning to LA, I flew to Reno Nevada on Friday and upon landing I caught a taxi the 50 miles to Squaw Valley California. I had to inspect that house that www.d-h-h.com owns and prepare the BMW x5 that was there for a just under 1100 mile road trip to another of Distinctive Holiday Homes residences in Beaver Creek Colorado.

I left yesterday morning at 8am for the 50 mile trip to Reno to get the vehicle serviced at Bill Pearce BMW. Doug the service guy was excellent and they had me in and out of there in just under an hour with the car serviced, washed and vacuumed. Rick from sales proved to be good value and the time went fast. Excellent service.

I filled up with gas, put the arrival address in the navigation and began my 1000 miles at 10 am. The route took me through Utah, and what a beautiful State it is with it's salt flats, green grass and mountains. I encountered a small spitting of snow and temperatures below freezing for about an hour, but everything cleared up for a pleasant drive through the 73,000 acre Arches National Park. I noticed about 2 or 3 police vehicles along the way and most of the time the speed limit was 75 MPH with the occasional push slightly higher, so I made good time arriving in Beaver Creek in about 12.5-13hours of driving.

So I am in Beaver Creek now and I have plenty of work to do. Hope to be back in LA by Tuesday or Wednesday for a meeting with Cactus Kate.

No comments: