Tuesday, July 29, 2008

5.4 Mag Earthquake in Los Angeles this morning

I was on the phone at the office on the 11th floor of our building in Marina del Rey when I heard some expletives on the other side of the telephone line then the whole building shook like I had never felt before. I have been in LA for 6.5 years and this was the biggest earthquake I had felt. My Assistant and Sales Director have gone home for a lay down. There have been 27 after shocks in the hour since the quake and luckily there is no tsunami warning.
Was a bit of a rush, reminded me of being on a large boat in large swells.

Glad there is no reports of bad damage or death.

Welcome to Los Angeles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob,
Nearly was Captain Pantshat when the building started rocking. Set a new record for the 100m as we ran outside...

Rob Good said...

My building did the wobble for sure. We did run out and I probably should not have made jokes about the roof falling as the people I was with certainly did the 1/4 mile in about 1 second. Glad all was well. Was back upstairs in about 7 minutes.