Thursday, October 13, 2005

Clinton vs Rice in 2008?

I am watching Fox news on the television and according to them, the only candidates currently out polling democratic Senator Hillary Clinton in polls for the Presidential election in 2008, is Mayor Rudi Giuliani and Senator John McCain...... both republicans.

Having said that, it is said that in a recent poll Hillary is only 2% higher at 44% than Secretary of State Dr. Condoleezza Rice at 42%. Dr Rice has not said if she will run for President, and probably will not, but it is America, and anything is possible.



Bill O'Reilly was mentioning that Senator McCain may not be as popular in the republican party as one might think, and that Rudi may not be up to it..... Bill is thinking that the best way to run against Hillary is with another lady, and she being Condoleezza.

Now USA has never had a female President, and neither has a President been black, so it seems like a large step to me that either lady will get the nomination of their party, although I think it is a great idea.

I would suggest that if the ladies don't get their parties nominations, that who ever does chooses them as the VP. This would open the door for a 2012 or 2016 election of all elections, once the public has seen that a great job can be done by them in the highest office of the land. Therefore either way, it could still be Clinton vs Rice in 2008. It will be a very politically interesting year.

5 comments:

Just my opinion said...

Yeah, Rudi would be the top choice as he would win it hands down... as would John McCain if he were to run. I wasn't aware that Rudi was not in the best health!

I think that most Americans would be terrified having Hilary as President.

Rob Good said...

I must say that I would probably be a bit terrified if Hillary was President.

Andrew said...

Rice has no chance.

Just my opinion said...

They both have a chance, but Rice has a greater chance as shes not connected to a dodgy husband and has a great political machine behind her.

Rob Good said...

True True, but she may be shunned on for not having a husband. I am not aware of an unmarried US President?