Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Waitangi Day at Santa Monica beach

I had a great time yesterday helping with the building of the sand fern on Santa Monica beach in celebration of NZ's Waitangi Day. It seemed like there was nearly 1000 Kiwi's in attendance. It was great to see Temuera Morrison (Jake the Muss / Dr Ropata ) teach everyone how to do the haka with Rena Owen watching on. There was a few Shortland Street actors, and a great group of young Maori singers that entertained throughout the day.

Mat and Nadine showed up late just in time when everything was finished, but where was Rymann?

I can feel the muscles in my back today as I must have shoveled for 4 or 5 hours, but it was well worth it. Keep an eye out on TV one and Maori TV in NZ for shots of the fern we created and the Haka Temuera Morrison lead.

George "Hamish's Dad" Klein and myself on Santa Monica Beach.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how "Honey I know its your birthday and we have a ton going on at work but I'm going to go play at the beach and make a massive fern to celebrate when Waitangi day" sounds WAY better in your head than when you say it.

Glad you could be there to represent the k one w one massive in LA...

Cactus Kate said...

Lovely Robert

Any shots of Martin Henderson by any chance?? Maybe one of him all hot and sweaty.

Rob Good said...

I saw him there Cate, but I didn't see a shovel in his hand. He must have been working on his tan?