Friday, July 29, 2005

Beaver Creek, Colorado

Well I departed from the Big Apple after sitting on the runway for 1.5 hours because of bad weather. Never encountered that sort of thing before. They even started the movie " Sahara " while we were on the ground. The movie was quite good. It has Mathew McConnehey and Penelope Cruze as the main actors.
We landed in Colorado a bit late and after figuring out the airport, which happens to be the largest in land mass I have ever been too, I made it to Thrifty car rentals to pick up the Dodge Magnum. I drove 120 miles from Denver past Vail to Beaver Creek and checked into the Sheraton for one night. The following day we were meant to settle on a magnificent 7000 sq ft house and I was meant to be staying there right now. But I am now staying at the Bachelor Gulch Ritz Carlton as the vendor wants to settle on Monday. I had to change my airline tickets, as I was meant to get back to LA just in time for the Gregory Johnson and Ted Brown show at Renees on Sunday, but alas I will need to stay here till Tuesday. I have tried Elk and Buffalo since being here, both were nice. I found a local beer called FAT TIRE, Worthy of consumption. Colorado is very nice. Have you been here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mate if the Fat Tire is worthy of consumption you'll have to import some for us kiwi's
Mike

Mike J. Stark said...

Just a note that I do believe that I'll probably vote for act. don't respect what labor have done and don't truly feel confident enough in national.

Rob Good said...

Mike is onto it.