Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Left Bank, Vail Colorado

I had a brilliant dining experience last night. I went to The Left Bank French restaurant in Vail, with some friends from the area. I was delighted to see escargot on the menu, and promptly ordered them. They turned out just as nice as they were in France when I had them with the natorious Snapper in 1999. I have been looking for a restaurant that serves snails since the Snapper debarcle, so I was happy. The meal was 5 star. The wine list was spectacular, and Pablo will be interested to see that they were sellng magnum's of Chateau d'quem for $499. Of course a bottle like that wouldn't be worthy of corkage without Pablo and MH in attendance, so next time you are going to Colorado let me know. The Left Bank in Vail Colorado is the best French restaurant I have been too since France. ***** from me.

1 comment:

Rob Good said...

True, but at $499 it is a serious bargan.