Saturday, September 10, 2005

Apple comes to the rescue

So I updated my computers ram the other day. It turned out that it may have been faulty and my beloved imac has been inadvertedly crashing. I turned on my itunes which had just under 1000 songs, and the computer decided to dump 600 of those. I was slightly peterbed for want of a better word. So the company replaced the ram again yesterday, and managed to find most of the songs in the memory except for the purchased music from Apple. I only use itunes to download music these days. It is $0.99 per tune and there is a fantastic selection. I e-mailed Apple and asked what to do. They told me where to find the songs, but they were not there, so I emailed back and asked what to do. They said check the itunes purchase receipts on my account and verify that I had brought the songs. Well I had, so I e-mailed them back and they gave me a one off exemption to get my purchased music back without paying twice. Very good of them. I am impressed with the quick responce and ease of replacement...... This is why I love Apple. Now I have been told to back up my music files...That is next on the agenda.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob, how new is your beloved iMac? Was it fixed under warranty, was it a mere software/setting fault? I was at Harvey Norman's today talking with the Mac fellow. The Apple extended warranty (3 years I think), costs about $250. That's a whole quarter of the price of the thing. Is something like that worthwhile, or just keep my fingers crossed?

Rob Good said...

My computer was purchased new when I moved to USA in 2002... It has been fantastic till now. It is a new ram teething glitch...All will be good.

Andrew said...

As a former PC user, I have been rehabilitated and now enjoy happy days with my Mac iBook. Gotta love them.

Rob Good said...

I just got the computer back.. It looks like the ram was faulty, but fingers crossed she is good now.