Thursday, September 22, 2005

Minotaur rocket over LA

I was on the deck speaking to a friend of mine Regan from NZ, and I saw this flying object flying close to the house with some sort of technicolored fuel or spray coming out of the back of it. The spray was like a rainbow and it was spreading over the city. It was dark so I knew that what I had just witnessed was not normal. It was not a airplane, and it was making no noise. Well I was thinking that I was viewing a top secret military aircraft, a out of control UFO, or maybe some sort of weapon being unleashed over the city by terrorists. Some photos were taken and I began ringing anyone I knew who was involved with aircraft or planes.
My friend Ananda said that what I saw was reminiscent of rocket fuel and he predicted that something was fired from Vandenburg Air Force Base.

Well thank goodness he was right...After some rather frantic searching of the internet I found the launch schedule for Vandenburg AFB and it was indeed a Minotaur Rocket...

HMMM.... and I was planning my exit to Tahoe.



This photo from the LA times with the rocket powering over LA.

7 comments:

Mike J. Stark said...

fear aside, I have to admit it must have been an amazing sight though.

Rob Good said...

It was a site alright......

Rob Good said...

That is right, although I am sure it would have been an interesting adventure.

Aaron Bhatnagar said...

They would have performed an anal probe on Rob.

Rob Good said...

That is some polite speaking Aaron.

Anonymous said...

Yes Puntiki probed indeed, so you are one who does with another man?

Rob Good said...

But Blair it is your moustache....