Sunday, August 07, 2005

Back from Tahoe... Off to NZ


I had a brilliant trip to Lake Tahoe with Greg. It is about 500 miles door to door from my place, and it made for a interesting 7 hour drive. The house on Shoshone is beautiful and the atmosphere at Squaw Valley was great. Greg was infatuated with seeing a bear or two, so we drove around in the forest but alas, they must have been somewhere else when we were looking. He set out some food hoping that they would come along in the night, but it appeared that Cloe the beautiful black Alsation managed to get it first. We went to Reno NV and managed to win and lose a small amount of money. We had a famous buffet dinner and had a good feed before heading back to the house to continue the bear entrapment, after driving around the city a bit. Reno is not really anything like Vegas........ There is nothing like Vegas. I am now getting ready to go to NZ tomorrow. I will try my hand at skiing in Queenstown, and hopefully I will not break anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mike says...

Just brought the beers mate, ya better get down here before they all goooooooooooone

Mike J. Stark said...

Dang guy's the only regular travel I do is the walk across the road to work. Other than that its when I go to drive out to Botany downs to see my little girl. Life is too precious, live it up guy's and ROCK ON!!!
Ya don't want to walk into heaven, rather slide in sideways screaming "What a ride, DANG!!!!, Lets do that again.."

Rob Good said...

I am in NZ...WOO HOO. I like traveling and while it is possible, I will take every opportunity to do so. I like Japan and Singapore Cathy, but never been to HK, so I enjoy reading your blog about your exploits. Mike....Planning on going to Denim on Wednesday night if you are keen...