Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Omaha, North Island, New Zealand

I arrived in NZ at long last. Pablo picked me up from the airport and Mara Honey was there too. We went back to Pablo's place and I met Hobson Bhatnagar who is the cutest wee West Highland terrier. I got a photo which I will place on the website when I get back to LA.

From there I went to the bank and got stung on the exchange rate, but at least the US $ is worth a bit more than the NZ$, so I came out on top I guess.
I went to my old place of work...Century 21 Remuera and caught up with the team, and had a coffee with boss man David Roderick Jones.... Was good to see everyone.



I was a but dubious of driving here as it is the opposite side of the road to the USA, but I managed to evade an accident yesterday while I drove from Remuera to Massey to see Gino Young, then to Greenhithe to see my brother Ian and Sister in Law Debs, then to Silverdale to see Ambee and Nick, then home to Omaha to see my parents.

Dads is calling out that breakfast is ready now...which is nice, just like the old days.....

Bartley, Riaz, Scott, Greg and their wifes and children are coming up for dinner tonight...Fish and chips... Yummy.

4 comments:

Aaron Bhatnagar said...

Prepare ye for the shanks on Monday Night. I will be preparing them the night before so they will be tender and well infused.

Lets see.

Garlic. Italian herbs. Some red wine, Tomato base.

What else you want in the sauce?

Rob Good said...

you are a great chef, so I am happy with how you make them. Been looking forwards to having the shanks since you mentioned it last week.

Mike J. Stark said...

Welcome home mate!!!
Give me a call when your in Auckland

Rob Good said...

I am going to queenstown Mike. Denim on Wednesday night....in Parnell