Saturday, August 27, 2005

What is the deal with ANZ Airpoints?


I am rather chagrined to find out that on my lastest trip to NZ, Air New Zealand decided not to credit my flight with airpoints...... I have been an airpoints member for many years and I am working on getting the gold status, as it is helpful in getting to the front of the line for check in, security and boarding. When I travel as much as I do around the USA it literaly saves hours of time and makes collecting all of the airpoints worthwhile.

I went to Flight centre here in LA and asked my trusty travel agent to please get me a good deal on ANZ to NZ return with airpoints. It was all organised and the flight prices were good so I brought two return tickets to NZ so as I could have my birthday there in November.

When I was in NZ I decided that I will bump myself up to business class back to LA using some of the points I already have. When I rang up the nice and polite lady told me that I am not being credited for this flight and because of the booking fare, I was not eligable to upgrade to business class with my already earned points.

So I am not liking what I hear and I am aware that I have brought another ticket in the same class for November travel..... Rather useless to me when I need a good chunk more airpoints to earn the gold status.

I spoke to my trusty travel agent upon my return to USA and mentioned the delemma. He checked his computer and he said that there was nothing in the computer that says there is to be no airpoints credited...... I rang Air New Zealand again and they said that all ticketing classes above T..... so U,V,W,X,Y and Z would be airpoints tickets and all below would not be...... They said he should know, he said they didnt make it clear. I beleive him, as he has no reason to tell fibs.

So trusty travel agent left a message yesterday to say there is no airpoints for the last flight, but he is in a good position to get me credited for the flight in November. We will see how good he really is...... Air New Zealand should make it VERY CLEAR to travel agents which tickets are and are not eligable for airpoints. I would fly Air Tahiti Nui for half the price again if I knew what I know now.

Looks like I need to make a side trip to London for Howards house warming party, on a T and above class ticket to offset the lack of points for the last flight.....

Thanks Air New Zealand.

No comments: