Tuesday, August 23, 2005

West LA..... Back home.

I am back in California. It has been a great couple of weeks traveling from LA to NY, over to Denver, back to LA, up to Tahoe, then down to Auckland and Queenstown NZ. From there I thought it was going to be a quiet couple of weeks, but I headed back to LA and then without any notice, I was on the United flight to Denver, and then a 2 hour drive to Beaver Creek. I had a great time in Beaver Creek, and managed to get some work done for the house as well as get back to my favorite restaurant in Vail " The Left Bank ". It really is the best French restaurant out of France. The height in Beaver Creek is over 9000 feet, and I found myself huffing and puffing while climbing the stairs. You really need to get aclimatised before exercising.....and drink lots of water as it is very dry.
On the drive back to the airport this morning Nick and I passed through the Eisenhower Tunnel which is 11158 feet high at it's highest point. There was thunder and lightening right there amongst us, it made for an interesting drive. Glad we were not struck. Would have messed my hair doooo.
So back to the office tomorrow.............

No comments: