Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Lots of flying.

I just got back to the City of Angels. I flew from LA on Sunday, and landed at Reno Nevada. Got a rental car at Reno, and drove to Squaw Valley @ Lake Tahoe, California. The house in Squaw is spectacular, and I was up there to try and get it all finished for when the CEO and his family come up for Christmas. It was a bit of a rigmarole, and I still have more work to do, so I will be back next week.

Anyways I sampled the large hot tub last night, and nearly got the shock of my life when I thought a Bear was coming to visit me, it turned out to be a false alarm, but my heart was pumping fast.

The temperature there was 26 F today which is -3.5C. The funny thing is that there was no precipitation, so it was absolutely beautiful. This time last year they had 6 feet of snow on the ground. Nothing to date this year. I expect to see some next week when I am back though.

I drove back to Reno this afternoon, the plane was slightly delayed, but managed to make it to San Francisco for a quick cup of clam chowder and some famous sour dough bread before hopping on the 757 for LAX. I have not been to San Fran since I was 18, so it was great to see the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge out of the plane window.

Now I am back in LA, so it is time to do some more work and enjoy Thanksgiving which is on the 24th this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

6 comments:

Little Girl in a Black Apron said...

ccor i wish they had thanks giving here! its like a second or first christmas .. mmm pumpkin pie or pecan pie or whatever those crazy americans eat :P it all sounds good.

Rob Good said...

Pumpkin pie.... My favourite...Yummy.

Andrew said...

Happy Thanksgiving Puntiki.

Rob Good said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you to Andrew.... Enjoy the weather....

Little Girl in a Black Apron said...

yum do they sell pumpkin pie at mcdonalds there.. for some crazy reason i thought they might!

Rob Good said...

Pumpkin pie is my favorite......MMMM. You can get pumpkin pie shake at jack in the box. Have not seen pumpkin pie at McDonalds...